Moonbirds is a project that has been on my radar since mint day, and yes, I'm still kicking myself for not buying one yet. That being said, as you know by now, more than anything I just enjoy staring at numbers and diving into the data.
Before I go any further, let's do a quick catch-up in case you don't know anything about Moonbirds. Rather than writing a huge boring paragraph I'll just share a few bullet points so we can move onto the good stuff.
- Created by Proof Collective (founded by Kevin Rose)
- Saw a very quick floor rise above 20ETH
- Only ~100 listed for sale out of a 10k collection
Oh and Jimmy Fallon is a big fan, and along with tweeting about Moonbirds his current PFP is a Moonbird ⬇️
When it comes to reach on Twitter, Jimmy is kinda a big deal with more than double the number of followers than Snoop Dogg 🤯
Okay, but a popular celebrity getting excited about a project doesn't mean it's going to do well, so let's move on.
What makes Moonbirds unique in my opinion really comes down to three core things:
- The founders - Proof Collective is legit, they know what they are doing and have a stellar team building things behind-the-scenes as well as steering the ship.
- The community - current Moonbird holders have proven very early on that they are in this for the long haul. The fact that only ~100 are for sale in a 10k collection says a lot.
- The buzz - Moonbirds have taken a big chunk of the media buzz in the NFT space lately, and people like Jimmy tweeting about them certainly doesn't hurt.
In the current climate, most NFT floors have been decimated, but Moonbirds has found itself in a unique position with a floor that is up over 30% over the last month...and once again, most floors are down 30% or more, not up. Here's a quick look at the floor price over the last month ⬇️
While I can't claim to predict when the NFT market bottoms out, I think I do see Moonbirds as a project that saw it's bottom, hit it, bounced back, and seems to be going up in a market where almost nothing is going up.
Which leads me to the question I posed in the title of this post, could this be the last chance I have to buy a Moonbird under 30ETH? I think it could, and it's making me really want to buy a Moonbird...but the market is choppy and unpredictable so predictions are just random guesses at this point.
As usual, this is not financial advice, but if I'm ever lose to spending 25ETH or more, I feel like I should probably share it with all of you, and I'm close 🙋♂️
Disclaimer: The above references an opinion and is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice. The author does plan to invest in this project.